Vince K. McMahon

by Student from Washington, D.C.

VINCE K MCMAHON ''''NO CHANGE''''

Vincent Kennedy "Vince" McMahon is an American professional wrestling promoter, announcer, commentator, film producer, actor and occasional professional wrestler. Wikipedia Born: August 24, 1945 (age 68), Pinehurst, NC Height: 6' 2" (1.88 m) Spouse: Linda McMahon (m. 1966) Parents: Vince McMahon, Sr., Vicky Askew Songs: Stand Back Siblings: Roderick McMahon II

I was choosing over a lot of hero and this was the one. Vince McMahon's father founded the Capitol Wrestling Corporation, which dominated wrestling in the Northeastern U.S. during the mid-20th century. In 1982, Vince Jr. bought Capitol from his father and began an expansion that would fundamentally alter the character of professional wrestling in America. The World Wrestling Federation emerged and became a massive operation, going public in 1999.

Chairman of the World Wrestling Federation. Born August 24, 1945, in Pinehurst, North Carolina. McMahon represents the third generation of a professional wrestling dynasty: his grandfather, Jess McMahon, worked as a boxing and wrestling promoter, while his father, Vince McMahon, Sr., founded the Capitol Wrestling Corporation. Capitol dominated professional wrestling in the Northeastern United States during the mid-20th century, when the sport was divided into strictly regional enterprises.

As a teenager, Vince, Jr.--who was raised by his mother and met his father for the first time when he was 12 years old--was eager to get into the family business. He graduated from East Carolina University in 1968 with a degree in business administration; his father introduced him into the family business in 1971, making him the head of Capitol's operations in Bangor, Maine. After achieving success in Bangor, McMahon was made responsible for all New England-based operations. In 1982, he bought Capitol Wrestling from his father and began an expansion process that would fundamentally alter the character of professional wrestling in America.

McMahon recruited new talent and bought out competition across the country, forming a national conglomerate he called the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) and a parent company called TitanSports, Inc. Professional wrestling had long hovered in an uncertain position--not considered by many to be a legitimate sport, it was also looked down upon as an unappealingly lowbrow form of entertainment. McMahon admitted that WWF wrestling was technically not a real sport, as the outcome of each match was known in advance. Instead, he played up its entertainment aspect, introducing wrestlers with theatrical personae and flashy costumes and staging elaborate displays for the benefit of the arena crowds and the cable audience. It worked--in 1987, the WWF sold $80 million in tickets to live events, according to Forbes magazine. The federation was also drawing record numbers of viewers to events on pay-per-view, closed circuit television.

Vince K. McMahon - Biography.com