Valerie Parker

by Jerett from Chicago

In my life, a hero is someone that can make the most out of any situation and still have fun and make the most out of life. My mother, Valerie Parker, is my hero because of her attitude and aptitude. My mother lives with me here in Chicago and will always be here with me even when she’s gone. My mother is passionate, clever, and kind.

My mother is an increasingly passionate person. She will always tell me about the things I do. If she disapproves, I’ll make changes. My mom is so passionate that she gets angry when she knows I can do better than what I’m doing at the moment. I still find that even if she doesn’t approve, she supports me in all of my endeavors. My mom always has energy so she can always keep up with what I do.

My mother is a clever person. No situation can cripple her plans. She always provides for me, even if she can’t provide for herself. My mother is very fiscal. She can make a dollar out of fifteen cents. Without my father, she still makes ends meet. Even if her main plan doesn’t work out, she has a backup plan that always works for someone, if not me or her.

My mother is kind. She is always willing to pitch in. When people (my sister or my mom’s relatives) need a hand, she always helps them. She always has a smile on her face, even if she’s angry. Then when she’s angry, she doesn’t stay angry. She is one of the happiest people I’ll ever know.

In conclusion, my mother is my hero because she tells and shows me, the best way that she can, that she cares. She is also my hero because of her mind. She isn’t the person that assumes my actions because she knows, in her mind, that I can think above and beyond what’s expected of me. She is my mother and I love her.