Warren Buffett

by Alexander from San Diego

(http://www.bloomberg.com/image/i1xAGZ.j3h4k.jpg ())

"Buffett owned over 40 percent of Berkshire Hathaway in the mid-1990s, which accounted for his $8.3 billion net worth in the same time period." Warren's life has been one of a fantasy, building up from what he had to a margin much bigger. Warren Buffett is a billionaire in today's world, known as one of the United States's richest men. He spent his early days as a boy learning of the stock market, and wanting to learn more of it. Eventually, when he became older, he would spend hours trying to make a living in the stocks, being successful and becoming the philanthropist of the man he is today. Warren Buffett's money making assertion and techniques have allowed himself to be proven as someone with the knowledge and capabilities of the working class. Philanthropist Warren Buffett, a man with a skill in the field of the stock market, proves himself as a hero by the skills he possesses, being helpful, intelligent, and dedicated throughout the day.

Buffett has connections with companies like GEICO. (http://www.carmel.in.gov/modules/showimage.aspx?im)

Warren Buffett can be considered a hero because of his helpfulness to other businesses and workers around. Buffett's tactics when dealing with companies he has stocks in don't involve irrational activities being done: "He heaps praise on his managers, knowing that it will inspire... he refrains from micromanaging." Buffett doesn't complain to a company in which he holds stocks in when the establishment has issues; rather, he encourages them to keep working harder to achieve success. While this type of practice could be considered unjustified, as a way of Buffett trying to 'bribe' this company so he earns more profit shares, his demeanor in encouragement is something that is beneficial to not only Buffett, but the actual company too. Buffett's branch of helpful deeds aren't limited to the stock market work, however: "[He asks] that the world's wealthiest people dedicate their wealth to philanthropy." Warren Buffett tries to stand out from most other billionaires in the sense that he's using his money for something not centered for himself. He tries to show he's helpful and generous to those unfortunate by being philanthropic and donating money to organizations in need. Buffett's lifestyles around work can be helpful to everybody, supporting companies and people when in need.

Buffett works in California's economic recovery. (http://www.trbimg.com/img-524b530f/turbine/lat-rec ())

Warren Buffett's heroic efforts can be found in his intelligence, using it for everyone's gain. Buffett's smarts have allowed him to conquer the stock market and gain millions of dollars, which he uses on foundations in need: "This is a person with a passion... to make that right investment decision [funding charities]." Buffett's intelligence used for making money in the stock market has allowed him to use parts of his massive earnings on charities and causes. His philanthropism is something not many millionaires aspire to do with their money, though Buffett uses this system as a way of spending his well-invested profits. Buffett's cleverness have also been established in government areas: "[Buffett] took his economic expertise to a new area when he agreed to serve as senior economic advisor to Arnold Schwarzenegger [when running for Govenor of California]." Buffett's credentials have earned him the ability to voice his opinion on economic matters in the United States, as shown by his agreement to working with Arnold Schwarzenegger in helping California's economic problems. Buffett's intelligence and knowledge of business and money management is what allowed Schwarzenegger to pick Buffett, which helped Schwarzenegger become California's new governor. Warren Buffett's skill in the field of stocks and investing has allowed him to support society, thanks to his history of money management.

Warren Buffett's qualities as a hero is shown by his dedication in his working efforts around everyone. Buffett's attention is primarily upon his own company: "He then focused on Berkshire Hathaway, buying up companies under its umbrella, investing "where and when he pleased," according to the Times." Buffett's dedication is shown when being primarily focused on his own company's investments. His dedication towards this has allowed Buffett to scope out the best companies to invest in, and get the most out of. Buffett's time is spent on more than just the stock market: "[When talking about giving to charity] I am giving up nothing that has utility to me..." Although Buffett acts with a dedication towards his stocks, he also pours dedication into caring for those who need money greatly, and does so by donating to organizations who can do so. His remarks on money being used shows he doesn't mind giving money to those more deserving of it. Buffett's dedication to the stock market and his company, Berkshire Hathaway, has allowed him to profit off his work, allowing Buffett to support other causes.

Warren Buffett, philanthropist and billionaire, works regularly to deliver his traits of helpfulness, intelligence, and dedication towards those he works with and those who have little association with the man. Buffett's work habits produce success for both himself, his companies, the workers who are apart Buffett's companies, and the average citizens who are in need of support. Warren's tactics are inspirational because of how he became successful in the first place, his tactics with his money after earning it, and his honesty towards the public. Buffett has shared bits of advice through the years, such as: "1) If you buy into a great business, stick with it no matter how high the stock price goes; 2) avoid staggering debt; 3) think long term and don't hop in and out of the market; 4) in a bidding war between companies, buy stock in the side you think will lose; 5) easy does it (meaning, avoid businesses with big problems), and 6) concentrate on a small number of stocks." Buffett's succession in the stock market and how he uses the money he earns shows his inspirational qualities. Not keeping everything to himself, he tries to be honest with what he does, inspiring others to follow his footsteps. Warren's large quantity of money can produce a stereotype based on richer people in the world of him, but Buffett isn't like other billionaires because of how he deals with life and the world around him.

Lowenstein, Roger. "Buffett on the Spot." Newsweek 2 May 2011: 48. Biography in Context

Web. 9 Dec. 2013.

"Warren Buffett." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in 

Context. Web. 9 Dec. 2013.

"Warren Buffett." Newsmakers. Detroit: Gale, 1995. Biography in Context. Web. 9 Dec. 

2013.

"Warren Buffett Talks Philanthropy With Bank of America CEO." Georgetown University.

Georgetown University, 20 Sept. 2013. Web. 09 Dec. 2013.

"Warren Edward Buffett." Business Leader Profiles for Students. Ed. Sheila Dow and Jaime 

E. Noce. Vol. 2. Detroit: Gale, 2002. Biography in Context. Web. 9 Dec. 2013.

Berkshire Hathaway - Warren Buffett's business company's homepage.
Forbes - Great area to learn more about the stock market and other billionaires.
Bloomberg - Great area to learn more about the stock market and other billionaires.