Warren Edward Buffett

by Nate from Shippensburg

(wikipedia.com)
(wikipedia.com)

A hero is defined as someone who has the determination to make something happen against all odds. People want a person that they can look up to and everyone needs to have a hero. Buffett may not seem like a typical hero but he has many of the characteristics of a true hero. Warren Buffett is my hero because he shows courage to take risks, he is intelligent, and he also has been very successful.

My hero is a courageous person willing to take risks to better his life and others. He showed this courage when he decided to buy out all his investors and start up using his own money. He also took risks in buying out company’s that were failing and putting his money into them to rebuild them to a profit making business. These risks could have failed horribly but he had the courage to give it a try and succeeded with a great profit.

Warren Buffett also showed a large amount of intelligence. He understood the trends of the market and knew which companies to buy when they were at their low and when he would make his largest gain on them. He went to numerous well know schools and received degrees in economics which helped him understand the markets even better. He realized that he wouldn’t be around forever so he decided to train a group of successors on the market trends and how to keep up with the market.

This hero wasn’t just smart, and courageous he became very successful and well liked. He started out in life as a grocery store worker and newspaper delivery boy, and worked his way up into ownership of assets that grew his money even at a young age. He made his way into the investment world as a lowly salesperson for Omaha Insurance and eventually became the chairman, and CEO. In 2008 he became the richest man in the world with an estimated personal net worth of 62 billion dollars. The net worth of all of his companies at their highest point this year was almost 228 billion dollars.

Warren Buffett is the kind of hero that anyone would be able to look up to if they have dreams of becoming successful. He has changed the stereotype that you can’t come from a simple life and become someone with so much power and money. He is a great hero because he has intelligence, courage, and he made himself successful by overcoming all the obstacles in his life.