Winston Churchill

by Coralie from Redon, France

For me, the word "hero" defines a person with many qualities: brave, strong, generous. A hero must not hesitate to take up a challenge and he must be ready to sacrifice himself to rescue and help other people. A real hero isn't a coward and he is capable to go beyond his limits. I think Churchill was a hero during the Second World War because he always fought for the good of his country: the United Kingdom. He defeated European fascism during the Second World War that is, I think, a heroic performance. He led his country "to victory in this war were marked by his political isolation and an overall condemnation of his views against Britain's appeasement policy towards Germany. Although condemned, Churchill's views eventually proved well founded, but only when it was too late avoid war." Despite the threat of the spread of Fascism, Nazism, Churchill has always wise for the good of his country. "The foresight and leadership that Churchill possessed helped him to become one of the greatest leaders England has seen." It is because of him, his perseverance and his courage that the Allies (United States, England, France and Russia) and win the war and destroy Hitler and the Nazi Party. Churchill was, and will always remain in our memories a key figure in the story. And we never forget his heroic commitment to our cause (the fight against Nazi ideology which is so destructive and subsequently, peace in the world).

(http://www.myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=winstonchurchill)