Walt Elias Disney

by Jayln from Reeds Spring

(quotationsbook.com)
(quotationsbook.com)

I think a hero is someone who helps other people and is loyal to others. Also, I think a hero is someone who can do things for other people, and can help his or her family, state, and town. My hero is Walt Disney. He was born in Chicago, Illinois and he was raised in Marceline, Missouri. He liked to draw sketches for his neighbors when he was seven years old.

(weblo.com)
(weblo.com)

Walt Disney joined the Red Cross at the age of 16. At night he went to a school of fine arts. Also he attempted to enlist for military service and he was rejected because he was only 20 years old and he had to be 25 or older.

( Census.gov)
( Census.gov)

During World War 2 Disney was doing special government work. Also he was essential to civilian and military morale. He was in the U.S. State Department and he was rejected because he was only 20 years old and he had to be 25 or older. Later he was known for his drawings and his cartoons, Bambi, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck. Disney Worlds and Lands are really fun to visit all year around.

(travelblog.org)
(travelblog.org)

This is why he is my hero.