Walt Disney

by Baraq from Tiburon

My hero is Walt Disney, the founder of the Disney company. He lived from 1901-1966 and he was a animator. His most popular character is named Mickey Mouse you have probably heard of him. This is a report on his life and why he is a hero.

Walt Disney lived in Chicago, France and Hermosa Beach and lived from 1901-1966.He used to draw cartoons for the newspaper - he never got accepted for one though. He later pooled his money on a studio that was named-laugh-o-gram films. He was not that successful after other companies stole his films because he forgot to copyright his work. He was failing because of that and didn't know what to do, then suddenly an idea popped in his head. It was a mouse named Mickey. Mickey wasn't so well known yet even though today he is very famous.

I chose this hero because of his Imagination-Walt says "You're dead if you only aim for the kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyways" Motivation- "If you can dream it, you can do it!" And Strength- "All the adversities I've had in my life, all the troubles and obstacles strengthened me- you may not realize it when it happens but a kick in the teeth can be the best thing in the world for you."

My hero's impact on even almost the whole world is huge: this hero not only entertains millions with his kid shows, but also with ABC news and other shows on TV, and Walt Disney is even beyond TV he has a theme park named Disneyland that just about 520000 people go to per day on average. Despite all the good I've been talking about there is also some bad times he went bankrupt people steal his shows etc. But one thing to state is that even though Walt Disney died of lung cancer-his spirit still survives.

That is why he is my hero. But by now you may not be satisfied so here is one interesting fact: believe it or not but his last words were about how shabby the water fountain looked so to this day it is kept clean more then anything else.