Walt Disney

by Yun Shan Hsieh from Taipei

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
Walt Disney (online)
Walt Disney (online)

Disneyland, which is taken as most little girls' paradise, is often considered to be founded by a charming and visionary woman. In fact, it's founded by Walt Disney, born on December 5, 1901 in Chicago, who is the best hero to me. With his passion for drawing, he created numbers of imaginary characters and a series of cartoons such as "Snow White", "Cinderella" and "Sleeping Beauty". Known as a famous cartoonist and an optimistic dreamer, Walt Disney had even bought a land for Disneyland in Florida before he died of the lung disease. What's more, he won 32 Academy Awards as well in his lifetime.

However, his life was not as wonderful and smooth as we thought. When he was little, his family was so poor that he had to do a lot of part-time jobs, which even made him to drop out of school. In spite of the setbacks he was faced with, he had never given up. His perseverance and determination always encouraged me whenever he met difficulties. Walt Disney once said, "The difference in winning and losing is most often...NOT QUITTING." and I reminded myself of keeping this in my mind all the time so that I could try my best to finish anything even though the tasks were sometimes too challenging to me. Since Walt Disney has a huge influence on me, I considered him the most persistent and inspiring hero.