William Henry Gates

by Jayce from Drayton Valley

William Henry
William Henry

My hero is a man named William Henry "Bill" Gates, born 1955, October 28th, in Seattle, Washington. Bill Gates is the owner of the world's largest personal-computer software company, called Microsoft. He became the world's richest man in 1955 though he was topped in 2009 by man named Carlos Slim of Mexico. Gates is currently the wealthiest man in America, and second wealthiest in the world. He owns a charity service called Bill & Melinda Gates which is focused on on poverty, educational services, and enhancing.

Gates told his college professor as a joke that he would be a millionaire by age 30. He was a billionaire by 31. He began programming computers at 13. His first actual invention was at 15 working with Paul Allen, who was, at the time a fellow classmate. They created a device that could analyze traffic patterns. Bill Gates graduated from Lakeside School in 1973, scoring 1590 on the SAT and was accepted into Harvard also in 1973, there he met Steve Ballmer who succeeded Bill as the CEO of Microsoft.

The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation globally focuses extreme poverty. Another global service it provides is to enhance healthcare.Another service though only in America is to expand education opportunities. The base location of the "Bill & And Melinda Gates Foundation", is located in Seattle, Washington and is run by Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, and Warren Buffet. A couple others are Co-Chair William H. Gates, and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Raikes.

To conclude, the reasons William Henry "Bill" Gates is my hero are mainly because he runs a charity which reduces extreme poverty, enhances healthcare, and expands education opportunities. The second reason, he's CEO of one of my favorite companies, and thirdly he is a great role model because he is very intelligent, very nice, and knows what people want.

Wikipedia - - The free encyclopedia
encyclopedia.com
The Gates Notes - The Official Site Of Bill Gates