Whitney Houston

by Danaisha from Lawrence

A hero is someone who shows many heroic characteristics. Someone who you can count on, a leader, and someone who will always be there for you. A person who exemplifies all of these characteristics is the young and beautiful musician, Whitney Houston. She was born on the date of August 9th, 1963. in Newark, New Jersey. Whitney is the daughter of Cissy and John Houston. While being married to Bobby Brown who is presently her ex- husband, she gave birth to her one and only child, Bobbi Kristina. Ready to hear more? Well let's go!

Whitney lived almost a perfect life. She grew up taking vocal lessons that her local church paid for. At the age of nineteen she started singing in public and was discovered by a famous producer. In late January 1991, Whitney was voted Mrs. American Sweetheart.  On the date of July 18th 1992 she married R&B star Bobby Brown, and a year later gave birth to her one and only child Bobbi Kristina. In August 1989, Houston created her first song "I Will Always Love You." While being married to Bobby Brown, Whitney became addicted to drugs. She soon overcame that addiction by encouraging herself that she could change herself. She realized that drugs were not the answer to all of her problems. One of Houston's major accomplishments would be when she overcame her use of drugs. This made her become back on track and continue her great life.

Whitney demonstrated heroism when she participated charity cases like, The Red Cross, and The Children's Defense Program. I feel that Whitney is talented, caring, and beautiful. She is talented because she is a very great singer. She is beautiful because, well that is just my opinion! Whitney is caring because, she has donated food and money to  Africa, and has helped many charity cases. To me she was such a great woman.

Well there you have the almost perfect life of a young, beautiful, and talented music artist, Whitney Houston. I know for a fact that she will be missed. And she will continue to live in not only my heart but in millions of others too! 

Unfortunately, Whitney Houston is not alive today. God bless her caring soul. On the tragic date of February 11th, 2012, she was found dead in the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California. Studies are still trying to figure out what was the cause of this woman's death. But Houston rests in peace, in a tomb that is located at the Fairview cemetery in New Jersey. Continue to rest in peace Whitney, rest in peace.