Wacky, My Lovely Pet

by Fairuz Azmi Zakiyyah from SMAN 5 Bandung

My Hero is our family cat named Wacky. He's a male cat and his fur color is yellow stripes. He has a short curly tail and a green eye. He is so curious on everything that he thought interesting. Wacky is the grandchild of my grandma cat, Ibex. Now Wacky is almost a year. Wacky has unique manners. When he was a kitten, he liked to jump out and jump in the box like playing in a playground. He really recognizes me and my sister well. Every morning he crawls to our bed and wakes us up by chewing our ears or starts purring loudly near our ears. And he will run to us every time we enter the house after school. Wacky likes to play jump, he will crawl up until he stands over the cupboard and start to jump to other cupboards through my grandma's antique and breakable things. That actually makes my mom worry so much that one day he will hit on one of them and break it. But until now nothing bad really ever happened actually. Wacky often catches mice, and frightens other cats who come to visit. Because of that sometimes he gets scars on his face or ears.

There was a time when we were really worried about him. That day he acted normal like he used too but at noon he started to throw up like he was sick. He kept hiding from everyone and sounded like he was so hurt. The next day we brought him to the doctor to figure out the illness. And soon the doctor told us that he got some bacteria illness that comes from a scars when he fights with another cat. After all the injection of vitamins and drugs, we believe that Wacky felt better. And he healed soon after it.

My favorite Wacky attitude is he loves to accompany me when I’m studying or reading books. He will come to my learning table and lay down on the locker, sleeping or just staring at me. I really hope he can always accompany me and my family for a long time like his grandma, Ibex, who lived 15 years with my grandma. And Wacky is my hero because he makes me wake up early to school and always makes me happy.