Mikey Way

by Teddy from Hurst

“There’s less violence in the world when people are using Hula-Hoops.’-Mikey Way
playing bass (imnotokay.net)
playing bass (imnotokay.net)

I think a hero is someone who does stuff that nobody has done before, or someone who rises above everybody else. Mikey Way is a hero that does it all for the music. Mikey grew up in Newark and people most likely thought that he would never do anything with his life, but he is now the bassist for My Chemical Romance (MCR). He doesn’t get upset because his brother is the lead singer and is more popular. He even gave the band its name and people still have never heard of him. He does everything for the music, not for the credit.

just taking a picture (imnotokay.net)
just taking a picture (imnotokay.net)

Mikey was born on September 10, 1980 in Newark, New Jersey. He worked at Barnes & Noble and that’s where he came up with the name for the band. He saw it on a Irine Welsh novel Three Tales of Chemical Romance. He has tons of quotes like “I could eat my body weight in sushi” and “I like Popsicles”. His brother who “was the main reason he learned bass” is Gerard Way, the lead singer of the band.

just standing around (imnotokay.net)
just standing around (imnotokay.net)

Mikey is not like everybody in the band; when they’re in concert everyone is moving except him. He stands there and plays his bass. Nobody even knew that he was in that band until the music video "Ghost of You." In it, he plays a World War II soldier storming a beach who gets shoot by a machine gun.

I think that he does all this stuff like naming the band, not for the credit, but for the music. He named the band, he got them signed, he did everything for them, and people don’t know him like they do everyone else in the band. I think that Mikey is one of the best heroes a person could have.

standing there (imnotokay.net)
standing there (imnotokay.net)

MyChemical Romance News - offers pictures and information
mikey way - fromn NNDB