Wendy

by Josefina from Buenos Aires

Wendy is a very good dog. She is very good guardian and lovable. I really admire how she can protect us. She is a very courageous animal, but for me she isn’t an animal, for me she is another member of the family. She always wants us to be with her because, I think, and that she wants to protect us from everything.

Wendy is my dog, she was my first dog and I really love her. She lives in my house with the other dogs and with us, I mean all my family members. Wendy makes a big difference in my family because she is always helping in a special way, because when there is a problem in our family she goes and makes us happy; for example when I’m sad and crying she comes and starts giving me special kisses. It is very hilarious because when she kisses somebody, she doesn’t kiss the person on the skin; instead she gives kisses on the air sending them to that person.

She is also special to my mother because when my mother was pregnant, Wendy had a psychological pregnancy to understand my mother and to be the same as her. For me that was a very considerate thing to do. I really appreciate what she did for my mother and my mother was also surprised because of how Wendy reacted. When my mother lost that baby, Wendy was really supportive.

Once when it was dark and we were celebrating New Year’s Eve with our neighbours, suddenly she started barking and barking. She was warning us that some robbers were opening the fence of the country club, but we didn’t pay attention so the following day our bicycles weren’t there and there was a big hole on the fence. I would compare Wendy with Balto because he was very brave and he helped the sick people. He helped in two ways: one way was by bringing the medicine and the other way was by cheering the sick boys and girls, this is why I would compare Wendy with Balto.

As I mentioned before, I really admire her and I am really happy to have her in my family. She is always helpful and lovable. The thing that I most love about her is that she loves us. I REALLY. REALLY LOVE HER.