Will Smith

by Annette from Misson

from Shark Tales, "Oscar," the character whose voice Smith played

A hero is anything or anyone you admire that may change your perspective on life.

A hero is a person you admire. Will Smith is the person I admire.

Will Smith was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Sept. 25th 1968. His parents were Caroline and Willard Smith. His height is 6'2". Will Smith’s whole name is Willard Christopher Smith Jr. Smith grew up amidst the middle-classes, his father owning a refrigeration company. The second of four children (the younger two, Harry and Ellen, are twins), Will was a bright child, constantly playing upon his natural charm, a habit which, at Overbrook High School, earned him the nickname "Prince."

Will Smith is known as one of the greatest actors because he got famous really quickly. He has been in lots of movies like these: Bad Boys, Bad Boys 2, Independence Day, Men in Black, Men in Black 2, I Robot, Enemy of State, Wild Wild West, and Ali. He is now the voice of Oscar from the movie SharkTale.A few years ago he was in a TV show called The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, a comedy show. Will is known for his ability to make people laugh out loud.

Influenced both by Eddie Murphy and new hip-hop heroes like Grandmaster Flash, Will began rapping at the age of 12, quickly developing his own slick, semi-comic style. Then, at age 16, he met the man with whom he would score his first worldwide success. At a party in Philadelphia, he cracked a joke that fell flat with everyone. Everyone, that is, except DJ Jazzy Jeff - real name Jeff Townes - who had, himself, been working at music since the age of 10. The pair became firm friends and began to collaborate, Jeff as DJ, Will as rapper (having expanded his nickname to Fresh Prince). So vigorous was their pursuit of musical excellence that Will even turned down a scholarship to Boston's super-prestigious MIT in order to follow his dream.

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett (googleimages.com)

He was married to Jada Pinkett and has a little boy and girl now, Jaden Christopher Syre Smith and Willow Camille Reign Smith. Jada Pinkett Smith dropped out of the North Carolina School of the Arts after just one year and headed to Hollywood. Her plan paid off. Once there, she made the right contacts and landed her first major role on the Cosby Show spin-off, A Different World (1991–93). It wasn't until she played opposite Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor (1995) that Pinkett-Smith gained widespread recognition, however, which was enhanced with her marriage to Will Smith. Pinkett-Smith's other films include: Woo (1998), Force Majeure (1998), Bamboozled (2000), and 2003's The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.

My Drawing
My Drawing

Will Smith is the person I admire because he is so funny. When I was sick and would have to stay at my grandma’s house I would always wait until the end of the afternoon to watch The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, a comedy show. Everytime a new cartoon movie comes out where he’s the voice of someone, me and my sis want to go see it and eventually do. He makes me, my sis, and my sis’s boyfriend crack up with laughter. That is why I admire Will Smith.