Reese Witherspoon

by Alaina from Deer Lodge

Reese Witherspoon Posing (http://time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1187328,00.html)

Reese Witherspoon is my national hero hands down. She is an actress and a mom all at the same time. She is one of the only actresses left that hasn’t exposed herself on television, which earns my respect.

Reese Witherspoon has done a lot of things that, to me, are very heroic. She is only thirty years old and is one of the best moms I have seen in magazines and television lately. You don’t hear about her leaving her kids with the nanny all the time. She puts her kids before anything else and I respect her for that. Aside from being a parent, she makes films. When she is on screen you can just feel her passion for acting. It's awesome. She doesn’t have to bare it all and be provocative to be a well liked actress.

Everybody came to recognize Reese Witherspoon's heroic acting when she won the Oscar for playing June Carter in Walk the Line this past year. But you already knew that was going to happen from watching that movie for the first time. She has a certain look in her eye that makes people drawn to her. Every movie that she has done its always the same.

The minute Reese became a mom I really recognized her as being a heroic person. It’s not easy to raise children and be in the acting business. She gets the job done though. If her kid is staying home because they are sick, she will be right there with them. It doesn’t matter if she is in the middle of a set or not.

There are so many reasons that she is a hero. But these are some that stood out to me. She is not just an ordinary mom in the acting business, she is a great mom in the acting business.