Wright Brothers

by Kevin from Arcadia

The Wright Brothers were true heroes. I recently have learned about their lives, heroic deeds, and have had some thoughts that have really made my brain work. I hope you enjoy learning about my hero.

Orville and Wilbur Wright had dangerous and exciting lives. Wilbur was born on April 16th, 1867. Orville was born four years later. When they were young, they were really interested in human flight. But they knew it was impossible. The brothers started a bicycle shop in the 1900s. That interested them even more to learn about human flight. Finally, they decided to build an airplane shop. They made lots and lots of airplanes that worked. Wilbur died of typhoid in 1912. Orville died in 1948.

There are many heroic deeds that the brothers did. Some thought it was impossible, but the Wright Brothers did it. They built the first airplane that actually flew! On December 17, 1903 the brothers’ plane flew for twelve full seconds in the air! Not only did they fly, but they also made traveling easier and safer. That gave others inspiration.

Learning about the Wright Brothers has made me think. All I know that the brothers were very smart. I really envy them because they never gave up. Like I said before, they gave people inspiration. Now I want to invent something.

Two great heroes to know about are the Wright Brothers. Their lives, and heroic deeds have provoked some great thoughts in me. They are my heroes.