Wilbur and Orville Wright

by Edwin from Ansonia

The hero that I am going to talk about is Wilbur and Orville Wright. They made the first flight. They are both geniuses. They have great minds and wondrous ideas too. When I grow up I want to be just like them because they are smart and imaginative inventors. Could you imagine life without their invention? I know I could not because I travel on planes a lot to go see my grandma in Puerto Rico. The Wrights are so amazing. This is why Orville and Wilbur Wright are heroes to me and many others.

Orville and Wilbur Wright were both born in two different cities. Orville was born in Dayton, Ohio on August 19, 1871 and he died on January 30, 1948. Wilbur was born on April 16, 1867 and died on May 30, 1912. Wilbur and Orville both liked to invent and fix bicycles and make air flight. Their first job was writing articles and selling them for money. They got interested with building flying machines when they were 15. The Wright Brothers failed when they first tried out their invention in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. They chose this location because it was known for ideal operating conditions for flying machines: high wind. It failed though because there was not enough wind going over the top of the wing to make it go up that day. Their first flight was between 1901 and 1904.

Determined describes the Wright Brothers. I believe this because they wanted to make the first flying machine. Another characteristic is open minded because they wanted to take someone else’s invention and try to see if their invention would work and if they had the right information to make their invention a reality. They are also brave because they were putting their lives in danger just so we could have more traveling machines today. The last characteristic that they both had was willing because they made the future better for me and other people in the world that use their invention.

They are my hero because they helped me see my grandma every now and then. I wish they were still alive so I could thank them for all they did. Other admirers would want to do the same. I think they are amazing. What about you? You should try one of their inventions and you will wish that you thank them also and it will be fun. Would you think that their job was hard or easy? I think it was very difficult. Do you?

So I basically told you about why Wilbur and Orville are my heroes and how they allow me to see my grandma and other family members. I hope that more people thank them for what they did for the future. This is why they are my heroes and could be yours too.