The Wright Brothers

by Keith from Midland

The Wright Brothers flew into the world

Have you ever wondered what it was like to make an airplane? Specifically the first airplane. I have and that's why my heroes are Orville and Wilbur Wright. They made the first successful airplane in 1902 and I am going to tell you about that so get ready for the best paragraphs of the Wright Brothers ever. The Wright Brothers were two American brothers, and inventors who were credited for building the world's first successful for building the first ever airplane.

The Wright Brothers spent most of their free time observing birds in flight which helped them discover the secrets of flying. The vast knowledge of the birds in flight they invented the glider. They did numerous tests on the glider in another invention they made, the wind tunnel. Then they made the flyer a 700 pound airplane.

Then it was flying day. With their knowledge of birds flying and Orville at the wheel, what could go wrong? Then it was time for flying - Orville was up in the air soaring. Then Orville landed the plane. That's why The Wright Brothers are my heroes.