Wright Brothers

by Jun Sang from Nanjing

“The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall.”
The first airplane that they made. (hooked-on-rc-airplane.com)

When the Wright brothers were young their father bought them a toy propeller, and this is how they got interested in airplanes. Also that propellers were flying like a bat so they say that propeller Bat 1, Bat 2 and Bat 3.

The big brother Wilbur were born on a farm near Millville, Indiana on 19 August 1867. Later the family moved to Dayton and when they moved there the little brother Orville was born on 19 August 1871 at 7 Hawthorn Street. The surprising thing is they were born in the same day and same month.

When they get old. (andong-ch.org)
When they get old. (andong-ch.org)

When they were almost 12 years old the brothers worked in a shop to get money. When they had enough money they built a bicycle work shop and when they worked there they became interested in planes too. When they were 13 they dreamed they wanted to be as clever as Thomas Edison and they dreamed they wanted to make planes for people to ride in. The first time they made an airplane it was called Flyer 1, Flyer 2 and Flyer 3. But when they tried to fly Wilbur’s airplane fell and broke his leg. The brothers didn’t stop and made the Eagle Flyer. This plane was more upgraded so it was faster, went higher and had better controls. Then they became proud so they made the last airplane called Giant Flyer and that was the best plane that they made.

Wilbur died in 1912 and next to Wilbur’s graveyard they put Eagle Flyer. Orville was very shocked at his brother's sudden death. He died in 1948. Next to Orville’s graveyard they put a Giant Flyer above him. Today the Wright Brothers are still popular.

I think the Wright Brothers are brave because when Wilbur broke his leg he kept trying and when they went to a city they asked many people to be friends and got ideas. Also when Wilbur broke his leg Orville stayed next to him all morning and when it was night he worked on his own. I want to invent new things like Wright brothers and when I don’t know I’m going to ask other people.