Yuna Kim

by Amber from Los Angeles

Have you ever heard of this name, Kim Yuna? To me, Kim Yuna is the greatest female figure skater ever. I didn't enjoy watching figure skating until I saw her skate in 2010 here in LA. Grandma took me to her ice show. She bought me the ticket to the show as a birthday present, but that's not what I had wished to receive for my birthday. However, as soon as I watched her beauty and innocence on the ice, I had a crush on her at first sight. While skating to Meditation de Thais, Yuna gave off an aura of grandeur that people seemed to find irresistible. Those days, I had been feeling detached and lost. I mean, I was just at an awkward age. Even though I had never enjoyed watching figure skating performances, I couldn't refrain from tears. Grandma asked me why I was crying, but I couldn't answer. I had no idea why I was crying. I couldn't stop my tears, either. She is the first and only ice skater to make me cry. I felt like she gave a restless & lonely soul a warm hug and patted my back softly with her skating. While I don't know much about the sport of figure skating, I have an eye for beauty and art. Yuna is an true artist who has the power to move people's mind. I'm missing her show.