Yesenia Velez

by Lisette from Van Nuys

My hero is my mom

The person I want to be my hero would be my mom because she has been there since the day I was born and since that day she’s been helping me through rough times at school. The one thing is that she does love me and care for me even though I don’t notice or she doesn’t show it often. Another thing is that she will do anything to protect me and my family. There’s one thing I really admire from her is that she took care of me by herself even though my dad wasn’t there to help.

She also works her hardest to buy supplies for school and food and clothes for me and my family she at least buys me something when I need something for school or when I need new clothes for something. She also pushes me to stay in school and not to ruin our lives and accomplishing our hopes and dreams. Also she works 24/7 to put a roof under our head and get food for us to eat. She’s a very good hard working person and she wants the best for my siblings and me and never wants us to quit on whatever job or dream that we have.

Even though we may not get along but I would always know that she’s my mother and that nobody can take her place as my mom and that she would always be in my life no matter what. She’s inspires me to do stuff that she sometimes does. She really wants a great future for me and she wants me to be a happy person that enjoys life. My mother may not be fun but she could have her laughs once in a while even though she’s always grumpy she could still have some fun with all of my family.

I admire her a lot because she would do anything to protect me and my family. Even though my mom is always overprotective, she’s doing it because she loves and really cares about us but sometimes she puts pressure on me or tries to make me study because she wants me to be someone in life. I also try the best that I can so I could show her that I could do my work in school as she does in work but I just think she puts too much pressure on me to make me do something but it’s because she just wants me to be someone in life. She said “I don’t want you flipping burgers at McDonald’s. I want you to get a good job and start your own life.

And that’s why my hero was my mom because even though we always have to fight like sisters I know that she would always be my mom and no matter what I would always have her in my life. So the reasons that I choose her also because she pushes me and pushes me to do my work, she cares about me and gets us the best clothes and also gets us food and puts a roof over our heads. Also because she’s a hard working person that has to come home and listen to the problems I have at school, whether it's being tardy to school or getting out of school, she still gives me consequences so even though we have our fights or problems we still go through them she don’t want anything bad in my life even though we're going through hard problems, she say’s “Don’t worry, it’s going to be okay. Just have hope and it will come true."