Sean Yoon

by June from Scottsdale

My hero, Sean By: June Yoon Sean is a Doberman Pincher. He had bright yellow spots. He was really all black except the yellow spots on top of his eyes and the big white spot on his chest. We adopted him from the Arizona Humane Society when he was only two weeks old. He grew so fast and he was very energetic. When he was about ten weeks old, he was so big he was up to my waist.

Then, about two weeks later, my brother, Phil, brought his friends over to play with Sean. I was playing with Sean until he sniffed my brother and his friends. He stood up and started barking loudly. Phil and his friends came closer. Then Sean stood in right front of me, and I knew what he was doing. He was trying to protect me. Then I knew he loved me.

Sean started growling. So Phil and his friends stood back. And they left.

About one week later, my father made a decision to return him back to the humane society. So I went out and played with Sean as long as I could.

The next day my father returned him, and I felt miserable. But I would never forget him. My hero, Sean.