Zahid Fazal

by Muhammad from Hawthorne

Have you ever felt you have too much stress? Wanted to give up because everything was bad? Leaving all those troubles and just disappearing seemed like a great idea, and our way out. Yet we would leave one thing alone and lost the ones that care for us.

Zahid Fazal was born in Lahore, Pakistan. He was born to a rich family; his father (Muhammad Fazal) was a millionaire the owner of multiple hotels and other businesses. His mother (Rabia Begum) was a great woman, with leadership qualities leading people to do the right things. He had butlers to do everything for him and help him to do everyday things such as tying shoes. Every day people would go to him and say hello and offer him food, candy, and to play with them. He was living a great life and had everything there for him, never knowing real pain. However nothing really lasts forever right? Sure enough, tragedy struck his perfect life.

On February 4, 1969 his father passed away and was left with his mother, brother and sisters. His stepfamily took the family businesses and money; they were left with a small house they spent with his father in the summer. They had no money or food, all their butlers were gone and all they knew was their dad was gone. His mother did everything she could to do to make money and never slept well for 6 years. When my father reached the 10th grade he went to live with his uncle on a farm. He learned how hard life was then and how valuable a single penny truly is. He became a college graduate with a master's degree in accounting through all of his families help.

He married Rukhsana Abbasi when he was 32 and she 22. They married and moved to America to get better opportunities for life and their children. My father lost his Master's Degree in the travel in a suitcase and was forced to become a taxicab driver. Soon enough he had a child, Abdul Zahid, his eldest son. He was going to be born with a spinal problem the doctor said, and he began to panic. He prayed late at night and didn't sleep well for months until his wife reached 7 months. The doctor said he was healed and was going to be fine and sure enough, came a healthy boy. Later on came Muhammad M. Fazal and Muhammad A. Fazal, his other 2 children. His life was perfect, until May 9 2012. His wife died of breast cancer and he was left a single parent.

This is just an example of how we all have a horrible life. However, imagine if you lost everything, gained the best anybody could ever have and have it snatched away from you in a second. He lost everything, but continues fighting to give his kids a life to have and look forward to.