Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya

by Darya from Korolev

((tverdyi-znak.livejourn)
((tverdyi-znak.livejourn)

Zoya was born on September 13, 1923 and died on November 2, 1941. Her life was very short, but great and I think that this girl is a real hero.

Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya was born in the village Osino-Gay. Her parents were teachers so that Zoya and her brother were good kids.

(ruskline.ru (Zoya`s school))
(ruskline.ru (Zoya`s school))

Zoya was an ordinary girl who went to an ordinary school in the USSR. At school Zoya studied well. Her favourite subjects were literature and history. And in future she wanted to enter the Literature Institute.

Zoya, like other ordinary girls, had friends, own interests and hobbies. Life was colorful, interesting and happy... But on June 22, 1941 at 4.00 a.m. the Great Patriotic War started. It was really a terrible time. By that time Zoya was only 18 years old.

alexandrkandry.narod.ru (Zoya`s monument)

People couldn`t remain indifferent to the fate of the country, young people voluntarily went to the front to defend their country, one of the volunteens was Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya. On October 31,1941 she, together with 2 000 young volunteers, came to the theater ''Collosseum'' where they were taken to the school where they were taught how to fight in the war. After a short training on November 4, her group and she began to perform their task. Their task was to set fire to the fascists' houses. Zoya was captured in the village Petrishevo, fascists tortured her but she didn't give in her friends. Now in Russia, many people remember Zoya`s heroic act. In many cities there are monuments to Zoya. The school where she studied is named after Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya.