Zhen Kun Mei

by Michael from Greendale

My hero is my dad. The reason being is because he is the most important person in my family, next to my mom. He supports my family by being as a chef in a Chinese restaurant. He has been a chef for fifteen years in the restaurant. The restaurant is called Lychee Garden.

One of his qualities is bravery. There was a guy who started cooking for the restaurant, and he made a mistake. That mistake resulted a fire in the kitchen, which ignited the whole restaurant. So then my hero saved some of the workers, and people appreciated his help. My dad had fire wounds, but he kept on evacuating everyone. Fire trucks and ambulances surrounded the area. After several hours, the fire vanished, but unfortunately, a chef’s dream was shattered to pieces.

Speaking of food he has an energetic quality. He cannot stand still for a second. He exercises everyday like walking to work every time. When he was a kid in China, he ate animals not like what Americans eat. He owned a farm which tired him out. Also he had to walk five miles every day, just for school. Everything back in China was cruel, but that’s why I was born in New York City.

Other than cooking, he is awesome at computer programming, which brings up his quality of intelligence. One time, my computer overheated because I used it on homework too much. So my mom and I tried to return it to the store, but they said they couldn’t fix it. Then we went home with the computer, and dad came out of work early. I explained the problem to him. He cracked his knuckles, and started working on the broken computer. He had a screwdriver to take parts out on the inside. He replaced the heated units with new parts from the store. Two hours later, the computer was restored back to full health.

My dad is very special to me because he is an essential need to my family. Hero is defined as a person of courage or ability, admired for his/her brave deeds and qualities. Quality is defined as an essential or distinctive characteristic, property, or attribute. When I combine the both terms, I get my dad.