Zinedine Yazid Zidane

by Daniel from Bandung, West Java, Indonesia

Zidane

Football is my most favourite sport in the world and it has made a sensational legend. His name is Yazid Zinedine Zidane .

Zidane was born in Marseille on June 23rd, 1972 . He was a brilliant player. His career started in Cannes. After that he moved to Bordeaux in 1992. In 1996 he moved to Juventus , which set a new transfer record after he moved to Real Madrid. In his country, France, he was an important player. He brought France the championship in the World Cup, 1998 and the Euro Cup in 2000 .

Zidane retired in 2006. Before retiring, he played in the World Cup 2006 and he brought France to the Final but his team lost on a penalty kick by Italy. During the match there was an unforgetable moment in which Zidane head-butted Materazzi and he got a red card. In his career, he has won many trophies. In 1998, in 2000 and in 2003 he won the Best Player award.

Zidane is a hero for me and football fans around the world. I like fooball because of him and I want to become like him. Although he is famous and rich, he is still kind. When he was a football player he had charisma and he was respected by his friends. I think Zidane is a great man and the best player in the world .

Wikipedia - For more about Zinedine Zidane