Zach

by Mollie from Glenbrook

"Men are born to succeed, not fail." - Aristotle
 (http://www.edmmir.com/Graphics/ABC.gif)

Zach is boy who has fought through much just to have what we take for granted every day. Zach is a boy who lives with dyslexia. He has to overcome challenges to read just like everyone else does. He has learned how to read and comprehend very well. Now he can do a lot of strategies he didn’t know about before.

Zach attends a private school in Springfield to learn a special way. He is a very hard worker and is very determined to learn more each day. He started at this school in first grade and could barely read at the preschool level. Now he is in 4th grade and can read like a kid his age. He is also is in benchmark which is a reading class designed for children with dyslexia. He is with 7th and 8th graders at 10 years old! He can spell very well and can read long chapter books all by himself!!

My hero makes a big difference in my world and I know that if he were known worldwide he would make a difference in everyone’s world, especially kids with dyslexia. He is an inspiration to me because he had the courage to go to a new school where he did not know anyone. He met new people though he was quite shy; he made friends and had fun. He is also a motivation.

He shows that even though everyone learns a differently it is okay. People are all different. It is better to be taught your way than someone else’s way.

Now I am happy my brother works hard. Through thick and thin he gets good grades and does great. He is happy and I am happy for him. He has changed me in so many different ways. I wish I could be like him and have the courage to go through what he went through.

Being Dyslexic - This website will give you more information on being dyslexic