Zasha

by Zameshea from Chicago

Have you ever had someone that you look up to? Someone like a hero or someone you admire? Well I do. The person who I look at as hero is Zasha, my mom. To have a mom as a hero is so amazing to me, because I know there are some teens, and adults who can’t go to their parents, or parent about certain things. My mom makes me feel confident about living, and she always encourages me not to hold anything back from her. Whenever I think my life can’t get any more challenging she lifts the weight right off my back just by saying it’s going to be alright. With that being said right there, she makes me feel 10 pounds lighter. Whenever I need somebody to just hold me to make me feel loved, my mom is there. She’s always my shoulder to cry on.

My mom is the best person in my life. She always influences me to do better. Most importantly she never lets me give up. She always encourages me to keep it moving. Without my mom I don’t know where I would be. I know most people said if my mom died I would go crazy. I used to think the same thing, but my mom raised me to never give up, and she always told me if I don’t live to see tomorrow don’t give up. She said “everything happens for a reason," and that I still have a future ahead of me. Also tells me to take care of my little sister. The reason why my mom is my hero is because she’s understanding, always there, and never gives up. I can go on, and on, but most importantly she’s my HERO.