Alexander the Great

by Nick from Center Valley

This is my story on my hero, Alexander the Great. In these five paragraphs, I will explain who he is and why he is my hero. For everyone who thinks he was a ruthless conquerer, I hope this changes your mind.

Alexander the Great was born in Pella in 356BC. His father was Philip 2, king of Macedonia. Alexander was educated by Aristotle, the Greek mathematician. Alexander died in 323BC in Babylon.

During his life, Alexander did many great things. At age twenty he was made king of Macedonia. From then on, he conquered Persia, Egypt, Greece, and India. He defeated their armies, but afterword taught them.

Alexander the Great is my hero because he respected all countries that he conquered. I think that what made him truly great was his knowlege and not his power. An age began when Egypt, Persia, Greece, India, and Macedonia were united under one man- Alexander the Great!

My story has been completed. I hope it has given you a different veiw on Alexander the Great. Not a ruthless conquerer, a great ruler and teacher!