Amelia Earhart

by Emma from Chicago, Illinois in United States

I think Amelia Earhart was the bravest first girl to drive a plane. When Amelia was 10 years old, she and her friends helped her build a roller coaster. It was on the top of her house and road down to the ground. She loved building her own stuff.

Amelia Earhart is a hero in many ways. Amelia Earhart showed bravery by sticking up for herself and women’s right. She proved she could drive a plane. Also she was achieving, because she got what she wanted, which was being the first woman to drive the plane. Next she was a savior because she never gave up if the men were saying she could not do it.

133099baby Amelia time.comAmelia was born on July 24, 1897, in Atchison, Kansas. When Amelia was 9 or 10 years old, she built a roller coaster on the top of her house down to the ground. Amelia was married to George Putman in 1931. This was a part of Amelia’s childhood.

Amelia became famous by being the first woman to drive a plane. She did not just fly a plane though, she helped in the war also. Amelia also flew across the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean. So woman can do what men can do. She proved so much for women. That is what Amelia is saying.         

She is achieving in many ways, but here is one way: she got what she wanted and that is a woman’s right. Also, she is a survivor that survived so many plane rides, until the last one. I could never do that in my lifetime. Emelia Earhart is the bravest girl that I know. She is the bravest by flying over the ocean. She flew over the Pacific Ocean with another man. She could have been so scared, but she got through all of the plane rides. That is why she is the bravest girl I know.                                                                                                                                        

I think Amelia Earhart was the bravest girl to drive a plane. Amelia was the youngest girl I know that loves planes/electronics that are big. That is all I learned from Amelia Earhart’s research.  

na, na. Amelia Earhart-history. [Online] Available https://www.history.com/topics/exploration/amelia-earhart.november9th2009.