Rocky Balboa

by Alejandro from Anchorage, Alaska

For my hero I picked Rocky Balboa from the Rocky movies. Rocky Balboa is one of my favorite heroes. To me he is a hero but in different ways from other super heroes. He doesn't save the world or have super powers but he does have most of the same qualities of a hero but more realistic.

Rocky wasn't born with super human strength but worked to get where he got. He started out working really tough jobs and long days for little money. He did all that just to take care of his family. In that way he wins a lot of people's respect. In every movie he wins fans because he never gives up and quits even when he should.

When he is losing a fight and about done he always gets some kind of inspiration. He starts to get tougher and fight not just for the money but from his heart. In all the movies except the first "Rocky", he ends up winning because of it.

Heroes are made in different ways. Rocky has a lot of qualities of a hero. He shows a lot of courage and determination, he never quits and gives it his all. He also is respected because he started out from nothing, working menial jobs and building his way up as a person. One of his most admirable qualities is that he puts his family first. He never fought for fame, he did it to support his family. When his family didn't want him to fight he did it because they needed money and he didn't want his wife to work. That shows how dedicated a husband he is.

I like watching the Rocky movies because it shows that if you work really hard at something it could happen. They make you want to never quit again. It shows you that life is all about ups and down, but famly is always there. Even though the movie is fictional it is real life drama.