Beyonce

by Sarah Bamford from San Diego, California in United States

121915Beyonce for Elle Magazine May 2016https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/544865254899657720/

“We are in need of heroes more than ever. Collectively and individually we continue to be a people in search of sages; anxious and eager to find people worthy of our love and loyalty (How Should We Choose a Hero? by The Reverend Charles F. Harper).”  Heroism is not necessarily a personal characteristic rather than someone who affects another one’s life.  The true definition of a hero is up to one’s own interpretation.  However, a hero is usually admired for their courage, noble gestures, or achievements.  A hero is someone who fights for what they believe in, physically or verbally.  Whether someone is a police officer or a child picking up a stray piece of trash, they are defined as someone who shows some amount of courage.  A hero must give hope to the society that they are apart of; they must inspire and encourage others. A hero is humble, but confident.  They must be passionate about the problem that they are facing, while also being caring and respectful to others.

Beyonce is an extremely powerful woman who works hard to reach her goals in addition to helping our society for the greater good;  her confidence inspires others to be empowering like her.  This singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress was born on September 4, 1981, in Houston Texas.  She landed a record deal in 1997 with Columbia Records with her extremely successful all-female singing group, Destiny’s Child.  After Destiny’s Child broke up in 2006, Beyoncé began to focus on her solo musical career, and she soon became one of the best-selling music artists in history.  While winning 22 Grammy Awards, selling 34.2 million records worldwide, and becoming a mother to her three children, Beyonce has become one of the most empowering women in our society today.  Beyonce displays heroic qualities due to the fact that she’s selfless, humble, and  ; she is also a devout women’s rights advocate and a philanthropist.

121916Beyonce at TIDAL X: 1015 at Barclays Center on October 15, 2016https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/beyonce-skips-2017-bet-awards-but-still-delivers-a-message-w489719/Unlike most celebrities, Beyonce uses her huge platform to do good and help our society because she is incredibly selfless and caring to those around her.  Beyonce facilitates the advancement of society by helping others in reaching their full capabilities.  “Beyoncé was also an Ambassador for the 2005 World Children’s Day, and released “Stand Up For Love,” the anthem for the event which takes place annually around the world on November 20 to raise awareness and funds for children’s causes. (“Beyoncé: Charity Work & Causes.” Look to the Stars, www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/beyonce).  Beyonce made this song to help children in need; she does not use her platform for money or fame.  She wanted to help raise awareness rather than using it for her success, which is selfless and caring; she cares about others more than her fame and glory.  Additionally,  in an interview, Beyonce talks about the tragic hurricanes that have occurred.  She shows empathy for those involved in them; she states,  “Just when you think it couldn't possibly get worse, natural disasters take take precious life, do massive damage, and forever change lives, leaving behind contaminated water, flooded hospitals, schools, and nursing homes and countless families are now homeless. Natural disasters don't discriminate. They don't see if you're an immigrant, black or white, Hispanic or Asian, Jewish or Muslim, wealthy or poor. It doesn't matter if you're from Houston neighborhoods Third Ward or River Oaks, we're all in this together. (“Beyonce.” IMDb).” Again, Beyonce is extremely caring and empathetic towards others and she wants to see improvement in people’s well-beings.  She uses her platform to talk about these tragedies and get others to listen to her voice and help those in need.  Again, Beyonce is incredibly selfless; she would rather see improvement in other people’s well-beings than her own.  She uses her large platform to speak out for the greater good and is extremely empathetic towards people who are in need of help.

Beyonce is a devout women’s rights advocate and activist because she believes that all women, any age, have a voice.  Beyonce lent one of her songs to a to a campaign film on International Day of the Girl.  “Beyoncé is lending her song ‘Freedom’ to a Global Goals campaign film demanding #FreedomForGirls on International Day Of The Girl… The #FreedomForGirls campaign aims to raise awareness and drive action to tackle challenges facing girls around the world and ensure the Global Goals are met. International Day of the Girl will see a range of activities led by organisations including the ONE Campaign, UNICEF, Malala Fund and Equality Now, as well as girls taking over leadership positions as part of a global girls takeover led by Plan International (“Beyoncé: Charity Work & Causes.” Look to the Stars, www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/beyonce).”  Beyonce makes songs that are meaningful to people; she doesn’t produce songs for her sake, but for others to listen to and to be inspired from them.  Unlike some other celebrities, Beyonce’s songs are meaningful stories rather than the boring love songs we hear constantly on the radio; she knows how to impact others with her songs.  Additionally, in a 2012 interview, Beyonce talks about wanting to inspire women to live up to their greatest potential. She states, “There’s not many great role models…  but I try my best to encourage women to be entrepreneurs and to work hard and have their own goals and always know their worth.” (Beyonce Inspiration, Ladys Views, 2012).  Beyonce is adamant that women have the power to reach their goals and live to their greatest potential.  Beyonce wants women to know that they have a strong voice in society despite what anyone else thinks.   As shown, Beyonce is a huge women’s rights activist who is selfless; she cares about other women’s sakes more than her own.

121917Beyoncé Grammys Performance 2017https://www.glamour.com/story/beyonce-grammys-2017-performanceAgain, Beyonce would rather want to see improvement in other people’s well-beings than her own; she’s selfless.  She uses her large platform to speak out for the greater good and is extremely empathetic towards people who are in need of help.  Beyonce is a huge women’s rights activist; she cares about other women’s sakes more than her own . She finds ways to improve her music and figures out what she needs to work on.   No matter what problems someone may be going through, Beyonce has the will to help one stand up for himself.  Beyonce may seem like just a regular pop star, but she is passionate, caring, and humble towards everyone— no matter what gender, age, sexuality, or race one may be.

“Beyonce.” IMDb, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0461498/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm.

“Beyoncé: Charity Work & Causes.” Look to the Stars,          www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/beyonce.

Beyonce Inspiration, Ladys Views, 2012, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrD4OexowVc.

Harper, The Reverend Charles F. “ .” MY HERO, myhero.com/Forum/Browse/harper?topicId=1.