Bill Waterson & Walt Disney

by Jonathan from Mill Valley

A hero is greater than a normal person. A hero is someone who achieved or did something for the benefit of other people. I think a hero is justified by what he or she did. A hero is someone who had the courage to do something that would make history, or at least something that a lot of people would enjoy. But a hero doesn't have to be someone who is extremely famous, a hero can even be your parents.

Bill Waterson is a hero because he invented two characters that were inspiring and humorous. Those characters were fun to any type of person, and any age. These books named, Calvin and Hobbes, can be found in many American households and other countries as well. These two cartoon characters that Bill Waterson created are unique.

Walt Disney is a hero because he devoted his life to the entertainment of other people. He also made characters that were fun to watch and many people enjoyed. Disney built amusement parks and expanded his work to many other countries. He died, but his company and his work is still going on today making movies and animated films. Disney was kind and fair he inspired many people in his lifespan.

Walt Disney and Bill Waterson are alike in many ways. First they both are cartoonists and both are well known for their work. Both of them are male and they enjoyed their job. Both of their work is humorous and enjoyable to most people. These two people have spread their work across the world. Walt and Bill are known for their characters. When you say Walt Disney you think Mickey. When you hear Bill Waterson, you think Calvin and Hobbes. Also unfortunately, both of these men have stopped working.

In the end, Walt Disney and Bill Waterson are my heroes. Bill Waterson and Walt Disney both made a good lasting impression about their work and were very successful. These two men are heroes to me.