Brock Ansiolitiko

by Janeth Sanchez Garcia from Tampico in Mexico

“It doesn't hurt what's gone, it hurts what doesn't come back.”

Most people have a misunderstanding of the word hero, but it certainly reaches its goal, as a hero is the one who helps you when you feel you can't take it anymore, or simply when you are in a bad moment. In this case, one of my heroes is Jesus Fernandez Pisa, better known as Brock Ansiolitiko. He is a singer originally from Palma de Mallorca, Spain. He was born on January 19, 1991. For many he may be just a singer, but for the people who listen to his music, he is a great artist.

I chose Brock as my hero because a few years ago I was in a phase of depression and many problems of insecurities, and I consoled myself in the music because I always tried not to fall into depression. I like the music of many artists and different genres, but without doubt the one I called my attention the most was Brock, because the lyrics of his songs were so deep, transparent, unique, and above all, sincere.

His lyrics are poems. I realized through his songs that there are more difficult problems and there are people who struggle to have a lot of money, but when they reach their goal, they realize that this does not make them happy. In one of his songs, he says, “Money only buys the superficial part because no feeling has a material state.”

In several of his songs he talks about different problems of society. The poor envy the rich man for his own money at the ATM, and the rich man envies the poor man for being rich without money, how important a person can be, or simply that you are seeing the wonders of the world in him. Sometimes we try to look like what we are not, simply to fit into society, but we do not realize that this does not make us happy.

I know I'm not the only person who considers Brock Ansiolitiko a hero. He's a human being like everyone else who has gone through several problems, but he's still standing, making music and writing a book for all those people who need him. He's a great hero because he helps many people get out of depression every day, and with something so simple but very significant that is music, show people that you are never wrong, but depression is your natural state. Thanks to Brock I'm better than before and try to be a better person every day.