Press_Release

CALL FOR ENTRIES - 2021 RELATIONSHIPS FIRST AWARD - OCTOBER 1 DEADLINE

by MY HERO Media from LAGUNA BEACH, CA

Relationships First AwardMY HERO

CONTACT: Wendy Milette                                                                      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Media 
[email protected]
949-376-5964

CALL FOR ENTRIES - RELATIONSHIPS FIRST AWARD - 2021 MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL - OCTOBER 1 DEADLINE

July 12, 2021 — LAGUNA BEACH, CA – The MY HERO Project is looking for short films that represent the powerful and moving relationships found in the modern family for the annual Relationships First AwardThe Foundation for the Contemporary Family offers a $1,000 cash prize to a filmmaker whose work explores those complex relationships in an innovative way. 

The award was created by Dr. Judith Anderson, Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) College of Medicine. Anderson, who provides training in couples therapy to mental health agencies, founded the Foundation for the Contemporary Family to support innovations and research in couples and family therapy.

Last year two winners were chosen - the youth winner was Cries of the Children, a moving film focused on the emotional crisis of children taken from their parents by immigration authorities. The other winner was Inseparable: The Story of Elly and Lya created by the Righteous Conversation Project, featuring two sisters who's relationship during the holocaust was all that mattered.

The MY HERO International Film Festival is part of The MY HERO Project, a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes from all parts of the world. MY HERO's award-winning website (myhero.com) hosts the world's largest archive of hero-themed stories, music, art and short films.

View the sizzle for the Relationships First Award!

For more information about the Relationships First Award, visit the MY HERO website or email festival director Wendy Milette ([email protected]).