Carey Price

by Reid Sleeman from RancheView School Cochrane, Alberta Canada

¨Canadian hockey players always find a way to get along.¨

122055Carey Price webBy ReidThe reason I choose Carey Price is because he inspired me to play goalie. My book is a biography and not an autobiography book. My book has 32 pages. My book was published in July 2016 and Carey Price was 19 years old in the book.  Todd Kortemeier is the author, he is a writer and a journalist. He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota´s of Journalism & Communication program.

122053Carey Priceby ReidCarey was born on August 16th, 1987 and grew up in Anahim Lake, British Columbia with his sister, Kayla, and parents Lynda and Jerry. Carey Price went to Anahim Lake School in B.C..   

His dad really inspired him because his dad was also a goalie. Carey also enjoyed playing on the river behind his house when he was not in school or he would invite my dad over and play some hockey Carey price's dad really influenced Carey.

122058Carey Price Saveby ReidCarey Price had a lot of challenges in his life, like he had to drive 640 km three times a week, or he could fly. Carey overcame his challenges by working very hard in practice.  Carey's dad  Jerry, has contributed the most to his success because Jerry was also a goalie like I wrote in paragraph two. Carey Price's best qualities are that he is a very hard worker,he is very passionate about hockey, he is very competitive about his technical skills. Carey Price will always make mistakes, but he will always try his hardest. Carey Price has had a lot of funny times and great saves, like his epic glove save on Sidney Crosby.  Carey has got a lot of awards in his life.  Here are some of them:

• 2007 -WHL West first All-Star Team

• 2007 -WHL Goaltender of the Year

• 2007 -Canadian Major Junior first All-Star Team

• 2007 -Canadian Major Junior Goaltender of the Year

Carey surprised me with a lot of facts about him and his life.  If I had to ask him three things they would be; Could I get your autograph, please? What was it like being a kid and travelling 640 km three times a week plus games? Was the goalie gear a lot heavier back then?  I am glad I picked this person because he has a lot of interesting facts about him. I really liked the book, it contained a lot of information about his family and personal life, but it did not have a lot of personal facts about him. I learned in the book that Arizona Coyotes captain Shane Doan is a cousin of Carey's.

Carey Price's life in comparison to mine: we are both goalies, my grandpa knows his dad and my dad helped coach him as a young player. I think you should read the biography because it has very interesting facts about him, his family and his life. I am very happy that I choose Carey Price because he inspires me to be better goalie, person and work harder.  I definitely think you should pick him as your hero/role model.

Web links:

carey price - funny moments
carey price - biography
carey price - wikipedia
carey price - a country boy at heart