Press_Release

CAST YOUR VOTE IN THE 18TH ANNUAL MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

by MY HERO Media from LAGUNA BEACH, CA

149785MY HERO International Film Festival Public VotingMY HERO

CONTACT:                                                   FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

JEANNE MEYERS
Co-founder and Director 
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]

10/10/22 – LAGUNA BEACH, CA – Since 1995, The MY HERO Project has been online sharing stories, art, music and short films with the community and the world.  The mission of this award-winning nonprofit is to use media, art and technology to celebrate the best of humanity.

MY HERO invites the Laguna Beach community to get involved and help select the winners of the 18th Annual MY HERO International Film Festival. Festival Director Wendy Milette and her team have curated three public viewing ballots, which are a sampling of the finalist films in several categories. Each ballot has several short films that take approximately 30 minutes of total viewing time. Taking part in viewing the short films for each ballot, and voting, can be done in the classroom or at home and is a great way to explore the theme of heroism and the art of filmmaking. 

The MY HERO Film Festival Public Voting Ballots are available online from Oct 7th - Nov 7th  

The winners for the 18th Annual MY HERO International Film Festival will be announced on November 19, 2022 during The Special Awards Ceremony that will feature professional and student filmmakers from around the world and their heroes. Presenters of Special Awards include Academy Award winner, author and peace activist Ron Kovic, Esther Wojcicki (AKA the godmother of the Internet),  Creative Visions Founder Kathy Eldon, Laguna Beach’s own Judith Anderson, PhD, President of the Foundation for the Contemporary Family and world renown philanthropist and activist Eva Haller. The festivities begin online at 2 pm (PST). 

On December 10, 2022, at 10 am (PST), enjoy The MY HERO International Film Festival's Family-Friendly Awards Celebration. 

All winning films become part of MY HERO’s growing media library used in classrooms and homes around the world to promote positive role models and to bring hope and inspiration to millions of people around the world.

Contact Jeanne Meyers – Co-founder and Director of The MY HERO Project for details on ways you can participate and get involved with this global learning community.