Christiaan Barnard

by Annaelle Dorchain from France

124276Christiaan Barnard https://www.google.fr/search?q=christiaan+barnard&safe=strict&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXifmT0v3aAhWEVxQKHXVsD48Q_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=918#imgrc=ggKgVvVZfear6M:I have chosen Christiaan Barnard because he made the first heart transplant so he is a hero for me. 

Christiaan Barnard was born in 1922, he was a child from a modest family. When he was young, his brother died of a heart  problem. His family was very sad and that affected Christiaan in his career choice. He decided to study at the faculty of medicine to become the pioneer of cardiac surgery. Thanks to him, many lives have been saved. 

For me a hero is someone who does something good for others. Someone who believes in his dreams and that's exactly what Christiaan Barnard did. Today we can save people who have heart problems and without him, it would not have been possible. We can say thanks to him because he had a lot of determination and courage. 

I admire Christiaan Barnard because my father has very serious heart problems and he has survived thanks to a heart transplant. Without him my father and a lot of other people would surely be dead so that moves me.