Leonardo DiCaprio

by Alyssa from Albuquerque

(poems101.blinkz.com)
(poems101.blinkz.com)

A hero to me is someone you can look up to, someone that helps the environment and does not spend money on things he doesn't need. The hero I chose was Leonardo DiCaprio, because he is a good actor and he helped a lot of people in natural disasters like 9/11, the tsunami, and hurricane Katrina. He made a lot of hit movies like Titanic, William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, Man in the Iron Mask, and many more. When the natural disasters happened he donated a lot of money for the people who lost their homes.

He says, "I like to help whales, otters, and the dolphins when I'm not acting." Leonardo has done many heroic deeds. For example, he has brought worldwide attention to his concern for global warming. He is helping in trying to minimize air pollution and in asking people to drive cars that run with water or electricity. He has donated thousands of dollars for the victims of tragedies, like the hurricane relief, tsunami, and 9/11. He has gone on many trips to Africa to stop AIDS and poverty. I admire him a lot because, although he has a lot of money, instead of spending it on unnecessary items; he uses it in good causes and donates it to the poor.

Leonardo DiCaprio was born on November 11, 1974 in Los Angeles. Leonardo is half Italian from his dad’s side. He has been acting since he was little. He is known for his hit movie Titanic, based on a true story. Leonardo’s wish is to save the environment and to live in peace. When he was little he was described as goofy, funny, and cute. His favorite spare time activity is to write poetry and short stories. Leo likes to go to Germany for vacation. He also speaks fluent German. Leonardo’s nicknames are Leo and The Noodle. He has one step-brother named Adam and his parents are divorced. Leo is 6ft tall and weighs 140 lbs.

(www.googleimages.com)
(www.googleimages.com)

He openly supported John Kerry in the 2004 election. He went around 11 states and gave 20 speeches about the environment and how the Bush Administration has damaged it. At the age of 10, his agent advised him to change his name to a more American-friendly Lenny Williams. Leonardo liked his name and he didn't want to change it, so needless to say, he did not follow that advice. I think he could change the world someday. He’s not like other actors in the world. I would like to meet him someday and ask him questions about things in his life and things that would be good for school.

Leonardo DiCaprio inspires me because of the important causes he fights for. He saves the environment and helps all the efforts of the environmentalists. Over all, Leonardo DiCaprio is my hero because he has made a lot of donations to relief work around the world. He has changed many lives and that’s why he is my hero. He is a perfect role model for me. He has shown me that you can make a difference if you want to. You just have to be determined.

Leonardo DiCaprio's official website - Includes information and links on his efforts to help the environment