Drew Brees

by ivan rivera from chicopee, Massachusetts in United States

Drew Brees is a hero because he helps people by raising money for those in need. Brees uses his wealth to fund and contribute to his foundation, the Brees Dream Foundation. The Brees Dream Foundation website states, "As much pride as Brees takes in his on-field performance, he takes even more pride in his community service endeavors. Drew and his wife, Brittany, established the Brees Dream Foundation in 2003 and since then have contributed over $20,000,000 to help improve the quality of life for cancer patients and provide care, education and opportunities for children and families in need" ("Drew's Bio"). Drew Brees isn't just a successful football player.

He's humble, and he's tenacious through his athletic accomplishments and charity work. He inspires young athletes such as Russell Wilson, who now plays for the Seattle Seahawks. His amazing stats in his career and in Super Bowl XLIV can show why he is looked up to: "Brees was an obvious choice for Most Valuable Player honors. He set a Super Bowl record by completing 82.1 percent of his passes (32 out of 39) for 288 yards and 2 touchdowns" (Biography Reference Center).

134290Drew Brees passing a footballdbking [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)]