Eleanor Roosevelt

by Tiffany

Eleanor Roosevelt is my hero because she has changed the world and her kindness, strong will, and generosity have helped many people.

Eleanor Roosevelt over came stereotypes to get people to understand her feelings and thoughts. She wasn't the most beautiful no the smartest or most talented but I think that one thing she did have was heart. Her thoughts reached out to other people and helped change ideas of some in a good way. All she wanted was to help the world achieve peace and tolerance toward one another. She said that we should fight for our freedom using peace, not war. In all, Eleanor Roosevelt wanted the best for everyone no matter the race, culture or age of the person.

Next, Eleanor Roosevelt felt she should give back to the very same people she was talking about. She opened factories for the jobless, public schools for the poor and was very interested in welfare. Her dedication to people is what I admire most about her. She strove to help so many people that she didn't even know. With this dedication, she helped open an organization called UNICEF with the United Nations. Now, with this Eleanor Roosevelt could reach even more people.

Finally, my hero, Eleanor Roosevelt's fight for rights among women and children, cultures, and races changed the world we live in today. Without this great woman, many people may not have the respect, courtesy and opportunities they have today. This makes Eleanor Roosevelt a person to be admired not just by me, but by everyone.