Elicia Ratajczyk

by KInzer Ratajczyk from Fort Collins, Colorado in United States

My mom is a hero to me because she is always there for me and works hard to provide for the family. She always tries to do what's best for me, and always makes time for me and my dad. She also is very smart.

First, my mom is always working hard at her job to provide for the family. She works as an environmental social scientist and works with a team to try to pitch ideas to help the environment and people in the environment like homeless people or elderly people. She sometimes works on weekends with no pay just to get closer to the goal her team is working on at that time.

Second, she is always raising me to the best of her ability and doing what's best for me. She makes a bunch of hard choices so I can have the best future I can. She also always makes time to spend with me and my dad, she adjusts her schedule so we can watch movies or play games as a family.

Third, she is super smart. She knows how to make smart decisions for herself and me and my dad. She can help me with stuff I don't understand and knows how to school me on her own. She teaches me how to do stuff that wouldn't be taught in school like how to pick vegetables and cook meals for myself.

In conclusion, not many people see my mom as a hero, but I do, and that's what matters. She is always working hard, doing what's best for me, and teaching how to do important life stuff.