Inventor

Elon Musk

by Joseph from SaddleRiver, New Jersey in United States

125170Elon Muskhttps://www.thestreet.com/story/14055351/1/tesla-ceo-musk-trump-s-nasa-bill-doesn-t-give-added-funding-to-mars-mission.html     

Have you ever wondered who is Elon Musk, and what he is best known for? My hero is Elon Musk because he is the brains behind Tesla electric car company, SpaceX, which is a space exploration company, and the Hyperloop project which will transport people in and out of major cities in underground trains at high speed. Elon Musk created Tesla because he wanted to invent an electric car that is environmentally friendly, meaning it pollutes the air less than gas cars. They’re also some of the fastest cars on earth. Elon Musk created SpaceX because he wanted to launch rockets, and expand space exploration. The rockets are able to be reused for the first time ever, which saves resources, and cuts prices in half. His ultimate mission is to explore, and eventually to have humans live on Mars. I consider Elon Musk to be my hero because he is a leader, and his inventions are what others said would be impossible. For example, who would have thought that cars would drive themselves on autopilot? A second reason why I consider Elon Musk to be my hero is because he is a dreamer who always wonders what he can do that would make the world a better place. A third and final reason why I consider Elon Musk to be my hero is because he is a risk taker who does what others say is impossible.

Elon Musk is a leader. The first reason why Elon Musk is a leader is because he invents technology that didn’t exist before. The Tesla Model S is the first electric car, but also the fastest car ever which goes from 0 miles per hour to 60 miles per hour in under 3 seconds. Autopilot is the first self-driving car, and many car companies have copied him, and added autopilot to some of their cars like BMW.  A second reason why Elon Musk is a leader is because he brought the space program back to life, and created rockets that will travel to Mars. One day he hopes that humans will live in colonies on Mars. A third reason why Elon Musk is a leader is he has a plan for the Hyperloop which is a train-like transporter which will be faster than any bullet train in the world.

Elon Musk is a dreamer. The first reason why Elon Musk is a dreamer is because he comes up with ideas in his head to make the world better for now and in the future. Tesla cars do not pollute the environment, and SpaceX will create civilizations that humans can inhabit on Mars which we may need to do if we keep polluting the earth. A second reason he is a dreamer is the Hyperloop, which will move people in crowded cities faster, but with electric trains that do not pollute the air or make noise pollution. The last reason why Elon Musk is a dreamer is because he is also creating solar-powered roofs, which will lower electricity costs, and they are environmentally friendly so they don’t pollute the air.

Elon Musk is a risk taker. The first reason why he is a risk taker is because he invests his own money to invent new technology. He risked everything to make the Tesla, rockets for space travel, and in the future, hyperloop commuter trains in big cities. A second reason why he is a risk taker is because he programmed autopilot Teslas with the technology to avoid pedestrians and other cars.This is important because if the computer is not programmed properly, it will not know when to stop for pedestrians and other drivers, putting their lives at risk. A third reason why Elon Musk is a risk taker is because his new reusable rockets could malfunction and crash when trying to land, also he had to take the risk that the rockets might not make it back to earth and would blow up during reentry into the atmosphere. The last reason why Elon Musk is a risk taker is because of his new cheaper model Tesla Model 3. He had to take a risk about the car’s shape and performance which might depend on if people would buy it or not.

In conclusion, Elon Musk is a leader, a risk taker, and a dreamer. He is a leader who accomplishes things that were thought to be impossible, and is still coming up with new creations every day. Elon Musk took the risk of creating the first fully electric car, which is the fastest car to go from 0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds. He made space travel important again by creating rockets that can be reused and can travel to Mars. He is making solar power panels for homes and businesses to cut down on power overloads, and to help save money on electric bills. Elon Musk is my hero because he does what others say is impossible, and proves negative people wrong by making ideas into reality.

Tesla, Tesla. Elon Musk. [Online] Available www.tesla.com/elon-musk.2018.