LESSON RESOURCE

Environmental Film Selections for Elementary Students

Students watch a selection of curated films from the MY HERO Multimedia Library to enhance learning at home and school. 

Elementary Environmental Films

Films for Younger Elementary Students

The Ocean We Want To Know

Produced by:Macgillivray Freeman Films

One World One Ocean's new animated video celebrates the wonders of the ocean with stunning facts about our connection to the planet's lifeline.

The Plastic Perils of The Pacific

Produced by:Brandon & Carlene Strathmann
Pollution is not a species-specific problem.

All the Way to the Ocean

Produced by:Joel Harper
A story about two friends and their discovery of the relationship between our cities' storm drains and the world's oceans, lakes and rivers.

MABON ‘The 8 year old activist’

Jack Davies
Our world has a serious ocean plastics problem. There are now a higher number of plastics in the ocean than the number of fish.

Mouk - The Cloud Catcher

Produced by:François Narboux and Millimages
Mouk and Chavapa are in the Atacama Desert in Chile. Part of a series produced by Millimages.

The World's Largest Lesson

Produced by:Produced by: Helen Argo / Directed by: Sarah Cox
Everyone must work together to achieve the 17 Global Goals for sustainable development.

127 Marine Conservation Zones

Produced by:by Chris Smyth

127 is an important number for marine life .

Rainforest Fable

Produced by:Cassidy Hancock, Breanna Meneses

Claymation PSA on the importance of saving world's rainforests. (5th grade Fieldcrest Elementary School, Canada)

Films for Upper Elementary Students

Olivia's Birds and the Oil Spill

Produced by:Lynne Cherry

Young Olivia loves birds, and creates over 500 paintings of her feathered friends to raise funds for Audubon's bird rescue.

The Secret of Trees

Produced by:Albert Maysles
What do trees know that we don't? 13-year-old inventor Aiden set out to find out.

My Haggan Dream

Rob Sams, Laura Sams

On the island of Saipan, a young girl's dream about a haggan, or green sea turtle, leads her to investigate the sea turtles that live around her home.

Slater Meets her Hero: Jean-Michel Cousteau

Produced by:Wendy Milette & Jeanne Meyers

Slater visits Catalina Island to learn from her environmental hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.

Sultana Call to Action

Produced by:Madeline Gullim

Madeline Gillum's 6th Grade Class at Sultana Elementary created this video through the MY HERO / iEARN Learning Circles

Laguna Beach Eco Heroes: Laguna Beach Tidepools

Produced by:The MY HERO Project

The Laguna Ocean Foundationinforms the public about the precious natural resource of tidepool ecosystems.

The World's Largest Lesson

MABON ‘The 8 year old activist’

Jack Davies

The Last Straw

Lynne Cherry
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.

30-minute Environmental Science Lesson Plan for One Class Period

30 Minute Environmental Science Lesson Plan: Elementary Students

For Additional Resources and Lesson Plans, Go to the MY HERO Lesson Plan Center

Lesson Plan Center

Students can share their Hero Essays, Films and Art through our Create Program

How to use MY HERO's Create Program to Publish Stories, Art, Film and Audio for Students

Tutorial for students: Publish written stories, film, original artwork and audio in MY HERO's multimedia library.

Create Program

Outstanding essays submitted to MY HERO will be considered for a certificate/t-shirt prize or be featured on the Story Homepage.

Submit your artwork to be entered in the MY HERO art contest or to be exhibited on our Gallery Homepage.

Students can submit their films for free with a waiver to the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Learn about a New Hero Every Day of the Year: Use the MY HERO Calendar in the Classroom

Organizer created on 3/13/2020 8:40:09 AM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 5/31/2023 2:13:09 PM by Laura Nietzer