Environmental Film Selections for High School Students

Students watch a selection of curated films from the MY HERO Multimedia Library to enhance learning at home and school. 

Coral Reefs - Live below the surface

Hendrik S. Schmitt

Join us on a journey through the Coral Triangle and its magnificent coral reefs. These underwater gardens have the largest biodiversity of life on Earth.

A Volatile Habitat

Produced by:Mill Valley Film Group

Rodrique Katembo, a park ranger went undercover to document information about bribery and corruption in the quest to drill for oil in Virunga National Park (Democratic Republic of Congo)

Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights

PAUL PAZ Y MINO

Since 1996, Amazon Watch has protected the rainforest and advanced the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. 

Mother of All Rivers

Produced by:Will Parrinello

Berta Cáceres rallied indigenous Lenca people to protest that successfully pressured the government of Honduras and the world's largest dam builder to withdraw from building the Agua Zarca Dam.

Bella Gaia

Produced by:Kenji Williams

Bella Galia means Beautiful Earth. Producer Kenji Williams came up with the idea after meeting an astronaut who lived on a space station for 6 months.

One Woman Roadblock

Produced by:Mill Valley Film Group

A former tribal chief, Marilyn Baptiste led her native community in defeating proposed gold and copper mines that would have destroyed Fish Lakea source of spiritual identity and livelihood for her people.

An Inconvenient Youth - Cancun

Produced by:Slater Jewell-Kemker

Youth activists are exasperated by a lack of action from world leaders regarding climate change.

Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies

Michael Hanrahan

Government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.

Racing Extinction [Trailer]

Produced by:Dir. Louie Psihoyos

"Racing Extinction" will change the way we see the world and our role within it.

Organizer created on 3/13/2020 9:01:57 AM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 3/17/2020 7:51:47 PM by Shannon Luders-Manuel