LESSON RESOURCE

Environmental Films Selections for Middle School Students

Students watch a selection of curated films from the MY HERO Multimedia Library to enhance learning at home and school. 

Rainforest Action

Will Parrinello
In 2020 Nemonte received the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize and was named to Time Magazine’s Top 100, its annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.

Green SuperHeroes 2030 Trailer

By: Los Angeles Barea
A group of 10 young environmentalists changing the world for the better. Their powers make the planet greener.

Water Song

Produced by:Will Parrinello | Executive Producer: Goldman Environmental Prize
Máxima Acuña, a subsistence farmer in Peru’s northern highlands, stood up to Newmont Mining Corporation!

The Secret of Trees

Produced by:Albert Maysles
What do trees know that we don't? 13-year-old inventor Aiden set out to find out.

Mother of All Rivers

Berta Cáceres rallied her indigenous Lenca people to wage a grassroots protest that successfully pressured the government of Honduras and the world's largest dam builder to withdraw from building the Agua Zarca Dam.

The Diary of a Marine Researcher

By: Christopher Neill

A short-documentary about The Diary of a Marine Researcher.

Ocean Guardians

By: Selket A Kaufman
Visionary creates grassroots social enterprise to prevent whale extinction.

Looking After Our Environment: James Price Point

Produced by:Mark Pearce
Mark Jones speaks out against a gas development complex that spells doomsday for some species living around James Price Point.

A Walk Through The Land of A Thousand Hills

Chema Domenech
Claver Ntoyinkima, a native park ranger, shares the secrets of Nyungwe National Park in Rwanda as he guides us through the forest.

Growing a Healthy Community

Produced by:Light House Studio

A documentary about Growing for CHANGE made by students in the Westhaven Community.

Every Drop Counts

Produced by:Actuality Media

Cada Gota Cuenta gives a dynamic insight to just how detrimental the contaminated water in Guatemala can be on its population.

Bazaruto Ocean Guardians

Produced by:Finn White-Thomson

Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.

Nature is Speaking - Julia Roberts is Mother Nature

Produced by:Dir. Lee Clow

The voice of mother nature motivates us to listen and act on her behalf.

Astonish Me

Produced by:Charles Sturridge

New species remain undiscovered, but we can only discover them if we can preserve the Earth.

The Community They Fight For

Produced by:Mill Valley Film Group

Latino community activist Mark Lopez pushed government officials to provide comprehensive lead testing and cleanup of East LA homes contaminated by a battery smelter.

FOREST 500

Marie-Margaux, Tsakiri-Scanatovits, David Prosser, Daniel Chester

Forest 500 is the world's first ratings agency for rainforests.

Series of Solutions: Restoring Coral Reefs

Produced by:Center for Ocean Solutions & Conservation Media Group

Series of Solutions explores the heroes who are working on tangible solutions for ocean conservation.

For Additional Resources and Lesson Plans, Go to the MY HERO Lesson Plan Center

Lesson Plan Center

Students can share their Hero Essays, Films and Art through our Create Program

How to use MY HERO's Create Program to Publish Stories, Art, Film and Audio for Students

Tutorial for students: Publish written stories, film, original artwork and audio in MY HERO's multimedia library.

Create Program

Outstanding essays submitted to MY HERO will be considered for a certificate/t-shirt prize or be featured on the Story Homepage.

Submit your artwork to be entered in the MY HERO art contest or to be exhibited on our Gallery Homepage.

Students can submit their films for free with a waiver to the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Learn about a New Hero Every Day of the Year: Use the MY HERO Calendar in the Classroom

Organizer created on 3/13/2020 8:44:44 AM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 12/6/2023 11:48:19 AM by Laura Nietzer