ORGANIZER

The Best of Humanity: Celebrating Positive Contributions by Unsung Heroes

Find below some sample stories celebrating unsung heroes working to effect positive change in their homes, community, or in the world. 

Mikaila Ulmer: The Young Bee Ambassador

By: Abigail Richardson
Mikaila Ulmer, was 4 when she started her own brand of honey lemonade, which would become Me & the Bees Lemonade, inspired by her great-grandmother’s recipe. I

Kiara Nirghin: Young and Innovative

By: Jennifer Yoshikoshi

Mae Jemison

By: Christian Walsh
Mae Jemison dreamed of going to space since childhood.

Sonia Smith-Kang: Mixed Up Clothing

By: Shannon Luders-Manuel
Sonia Smith-Kang is the founder of Mixed Up Clothing, a boutique children's clothing line. During the coronavirus, she is using her fabric to make masks for customers and medical workers.

Dominique Dawes

By: Claudia Hudson
Olympics Hero: "The love for what I was doing...passion for gymnastics, competing and pleasing the crowd. Able to last 18 years in the sport because I loved what i was doing." -- Dominique Dawes on what kept her motivated.

Harry N. Frenchak

By: Brent from Sacramento
Harry N. Frenchak is the greatest man his son has ever known.

Miep Gies

By: Sheereen from Windsor
"I am proud of Anne, because notwithstanding her very difficult situation, she always found the energy and the perseverance to write her diary."

Jackie Robinson

By: Konrad from San Diego
The Unsung Hero

Dan Eldon

By: Wendy Jewell
Dan Eldon inspired Kathy Eldon with his art, his poetry and his life.

Kitty Richardson

By: Abigail Richardson
Kitty is the MY HERO Deputy Film Festival Director and an award-winning singer-songwriter and documentarian from the UK.

Demi Lovato

By: Brittny Barcenas
Demi Lovato is a singer and actress who speaks up about mental health issues.

Elissa Montanti: Spreading Global Compassion

By: Jennifer Yoshikoshi
Elissa Montanti is the founder and director of The Global Medical Relief Fund, a non-profit that helps children who have been injured by war and natural disasters.

Middle School Essays

Paco, My Dyslexic Hero

By: Skye Malik
Have you ever felt a connection with one of your grandparents? It could be as simple as the love of the same restaurant or as complex as communicating without being able to speak the same language. Well I have had that connection with my grandfather Leo Corey, otherwise known as Paco in my family. We both share the same learning disability, dyslexia.
My Mom, My Hero
By: Morsala Asgharzadeh
Morsala's mom is a midwife who helps people with HIV and AIDS, as well as people with the coronavirus.

Maria Tallchief

By: Victoria

Gabby Douglas

By: Zoey

Kobe Bryant

By: Colby Fraser
I chose to write about Kobe Bryant because he was a basketball legend and I really like basketball.

To find some writing and interviewing tips click HERE.

To submit your essay click on the image below: 

Use the Create Program to Publish Written Stories Link

Organizer created on 8/22/2023 9:15:28 AM by Abigail Richardson

Last edited 8/22/2023 1:53:10 PM by Abigail Richardson