Fathers

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned." Mark Twain

Fathers teach children to ride bicycles and endure life's harder lessons. Father figures can have a powerful influence on people of any age. A father can also be someone who originates a movement, such as "the father of our country."

The following men have made significant contributions to their field and sometimes to the world. Enjoy their inspiring stories!

Albert

John

Michael

Martin

George

James

Nelson

Charles

Jim

Nikola

Our visitors' fathers have been earthkeepers and lifesavers, as well as father heroes.

Kanion's dad was a shape shifter. dadbutn.jpg - 7.13 K Missy's dad was a scout leader.
Sally's dad saved a girl's life. gwlbuttn.jpg - 1.46 K emmetbtn.jpg - 7.04 K Jody's father survived WWII.

Dad My Dad is my hero: essays sent to us by our visitors who wanted to share their special heroes.

Grandpa Stern Guestbook Father Heroes are from all over the world.

Grocer Father Figure Heroes include teachers and coaches.

George Washington Find out about Famous Fathers, then and now.

collage by Janice McDaniel

Fathers come from all walks of life. They teach children to ride bicycles and endure life's harder lessons. Grandfathers and mentors can have a powerful influence on people of any age. A father can also be someone who originates a movement, such as "the father of our country."

It's good to be a dad!