Feliciano Gonzalez Garcia

by Cindy Del Angel from Tampico in Mexico

137295daddy chanocindy del angel  

He is a brave and very very strong man. Feliciano all his life traveled with his wife and six children, seeking well-being for them. He took them to Mexico City and then came to Tampico with a lot of money he earned working for many years; he gave them a huge house, where they grew up and were creating their own families. This man is a great man and a good example of love and dedication to the family. His third daughter had a girl, which her grandfather, Don Feliciano, or "Daddy Chano" as her granddaughter tells her, always did wonderful things for her. He showed her one of his tools that he used when he worked, he told her anecdotes of his whole life, he took her to elementary school, and so the little girl, who is now 19 years old, grew up, and she never stopped telling her stories, that, to be honest ... we already knew those stories. Soon "Daddy Chano" stopped talking about all those stories, put aside his tools, stopped reading and talking about the bible and also stopped remembering his granddaughter. That granddaughter of history is me. And my grandfather's forgetfulness is called "Alzheimer's." Daddy Chano has been the person who has taught me the value of the family, unconditional love for another person, and the importance of believing in God and never telling what makes you happy to those you love most. Maybe he already forgot who I am, but I will never forget my hero.