Fire Fighters

by Emeline Barata from Caen in France

To me, the biggest heroes of the world are everyday heroes like firefighters. They fight fires and save people. For instance, if you have a car accident, firefighters come to you and save your life. They are brave facing to danger and put their lives on the line. They are humble and want to remain discreet. I admire these people because they save lot of people. Their job is very dangerous. They can die every day but they are never afraid. They just want to help and save people. In our history, there have been a lot of fires all around the world like in Portugal in summer 2017. The fire was huge and a lot of people died. Fire fighters never stopped fighting and evacuated people because they were in danger! I saw a lot of pictures of this fire and it was horrible! But, I saw that firefighters never gave up and fought fire with courage. In 2001 in New York City, when the Twin Tower was on fire, firefighters helped people who were in danger. It was a terrible day but they saved people and never gave up, just like Portuguese firefighters in summer 2017. To me, all these firefighters are heroes! We have a lot of examples! On the 13th November 2015 when Paris attacks happened, firefighters lived a very difficult experience. Seems all these people die... They are respected and I think it's very important because they are dedicated and they want to do their best. They are heroes, they are everyday heroes. Thank You, firefighters !